Friday 10 September 2010

Manyara Ranch Birding

Another two nights and a few more birds for the list. Lots more fun too. It's getting very dry down there,

with the remaining waterholes very popular with the wildlife.

And birds too (not sure where this spur-winged plover was last time I was there...) - highlight this time was lesser jacana, a bird I've been keeping an eye out for for a long time. Very cute.

Some things are staying green though

And down by the river the wildlife is still prolific: from this vantage point I could see these elephants fighting, plus lesser kudu and loads of impala (see if you can spot them all...) with baboons to my right and zebra and wildebeeste behind me. A great place to sit and watch for a bit... I'm looking forward to taking everyone there next time - hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment